TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- She probably wouldn't have even spoken on this if people weren't calling the relationship out as creepy.
- Leave it to Drake to kiss and tell about something that never happened.
- Drake has relationships with all of these famous women but they never seem to last. What's that about?
- Now we can stop wondering if it really happened.
- There are some folks out there that would be happy to let a rumor like this live on and wouldn't bother to set the record straight. You know, like that rumor about how I'm secretly dating Rihanna.
By now you’ve probably heard the rumors about Drake and SZA. The big question is, how true are they?
Drake is the one who spilled the beans, mentioning that he used to date TDE’s First Lady back around 2008 -- way before either artist was as famous as they’d become in the next decade. SZA initially reacted to the “shout out” on 21 Savage’s “Mr. Right Now” by unfollowing Aubrey and posting a meme that seemed to address folks who were in other people’s business.
After a couple of days passed, SZA is now clearing the air and fact-checking what Drake had to say. “So It was actually 2009 lol… In this case a year of poetic rap license mattered lol. I think he jus innocently rhymed 08 with wait. Anybody who really knows me and was around during this time can confirm.. it’s all love all peace. I just didn’t want anybody thinking anything underage or creepy was happening. Completely innocent. Lifetimes ago.”
She likely felt the need to clarify because she would have been around 17 or 18 years old depending on when she and Drake were hanging out.
photo getty images